I was very excited to get this recipe from our own Diva Donna. I was working the night of Medical floor's Christmas party, and one of the aides brought in the best baked beans I'd ever tasted in my life. This recipe looks like it would be real close. Gotta try this one soon!
LAND YOUR MAN BEANS
- 2 Lrg can(s) Bushes original baked beans
- 1 lg finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 lg finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/3 c ketchup (try hot ketchup for a kick)
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp texas pete sauce (or any hot sauce such as
- 6 slc harwood smoked bacon
- 1 pkg taco bell taco seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.2. Brown the ground chuck. Add Taco seasoning while browning beef. ***DO NOT add water***
3. Drain beef & set aside.
4. Combine beans, onions, peppers, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar & Texas Pete in a 16"X10" casserole dish.
5. Add seasoned beef to the bean casserole.
6. Place bacon on top of beans.
7. Cover dish with aluminum foil, leaving a corner folded back for venting.
8. Bake for approx. 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking approx. 30 minutes or until bacon is brown and excess liquid has been cooked out.
9. Set on table and watch out!!! ENJOY!!!!