Forgive me, but I must interrupt your Tasty Tuesday for some news about Stud!
I was notified yesterday of this fabulous review, and Stud will be in the running for Book of the Month on LASR February 4th and 5th!
Okay, now for the recipe....
Donna sent me this one as a belated birthday present, which seems appropriate for the occasion!
SWEET SPICY CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.