Here's another recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. I modified it a bit, adding more vegetables than the original version. I happened to have a few green tomatoes on hand, so I added one, but it would be just as good without it.
Pasta with Italian Sausage and Sweet Peppers
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
2 bell peppers, chopped (using red and yellow peppers adds a bit more color)
1 medium green tomato, chopped (optional)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
8 oz pasta of choice (I used rotini)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet with onions, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, and peppers until the onions are transparent and sausage is done.
- Add the black pepper and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to skillet and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve to the hungry hunk of your choice!
Guess I'd better feed him....