In other news, someone sent me this link, which is kinda cool. I'm not only on the list, I'm on there twice!
So, have a little of Donna's Island beef to sustain you and come on over!
This recipe just seemed right for this Tropical Heat and Humidity. So I invited my favorite Island Boy over for a pool party for 2.
It's a very Tasty dish. Add some fresh flowers to the table, some candles, some soft Island music and add a few glasses of Sangria, add some Tiki lighting, add a few crickets. Maybe some Key Lime Pie for dessert. I'm ready for fun.
I almost forgot. Lock his skateboard or surfboard in the garage. LOL!!!
Slow Cooker Island Beef (serves 6)
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1 green , diced
- 1 , diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Drain the pineapple juice into a slow cooker, reserving the pineapple chunks. Place the beef, onions, beef broth, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, garlic, seasoned salt, paprika, and black pepper into the slow cooker with the juice. Mix well, cover, and cook on Low until the beef is tender, 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Increase the setting to High and stir in green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and brown sugar. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar until smooth; stir the mixture into the slow cooker, blending well. Cover and cook for 1 more hour. Just before serving, lightly stir in the tomatoes and reserved pineapple chunks.