Pretty cool, huh? I'm not sure where she got the idea that Manx had a tail, but aside from that, it's reasonably accurate. You just never know how what you've said to someone over the phone will come out when it goes to print, but this wasn't half bad.
And now, for the recipe, which looks sinfully scrumptious! I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Thank you for all the great recipes, Donna!!!!
I watched some old movies last night, "Every Which Way But Loose"
and watched some old episodes of "BJ and Bear"with my son Ryan, who's going to trucker school now.
It was funny and fun, so today I decided to make Chunky Monkey Pancakes for Sunday Breakfast!
Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, diced
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- cooking spray
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the skim milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter. Gently fold in the banana, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip. And cook for a minute more or until brown on both sides. Put on your serving platter. Serve with sprinkled and sliced bananas and pecans and Carmel Pecan syrup or Maple syrup and dollop of whipped creme. ENJOY!!!