Top o' the mornin' to ye, ladies! And a Happy St Patty's Day to all!
When I put out the call for all things Irish, Paulette sent the naked leprechaun and Donna sent this yummy recipe for Irish Creme.
Then I went looking for Irish hunks. I know Colin Farrell qualifies, but I think I used him last year, so I went looking for some new ones. The guy in the red swimming trunks is definitely Irish, but the other one is, I believe, Welsh--at least, he lives in Wales. His name is Liam Crowley. Pretty nice, huh?
Still, it's close enough for me, and I'm fairly certain that Welsh and Irish blood have been mixed more than once. I'd love to visit Ireland, but anywhere in the British Isles would do. Must be the Anglo-Saxon in me calling me back to my roots or something. According to my mother, we had a bit of English, Scottish, and Irish in our bloodline, so I can honestly say I'm a little bit Irish. My DH, on the other hand, had a German father and a TOTALLY Irish mother. Must be why he likes Jameson and Guinness so much.
Original IRISH CREME
Ready In: Servings 16
- 1 cup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
- 1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.
And since this IS a Wednesday, we must include at least one Whopping Weasel. I know kilts are more Scottish than Irish, but I figure you ladies won't mind if I take a few geographic liberties. Now, that's what I call a WHOPPER!